Monday, December 31, 2012

Doorknobs

The one thing I really love about my house is the doorknobs.  I have bi-fold french doors in my living room, and they have gorgeous glass knobs.  My favorite bit of the door, however, is the tiny keyhole:




There is a nick on the door frame where the knob hasn't been turned before being closed, but I think it adds to the character of the house (so, I keep telling myself).

The front door in the entry has a beautiful beaded doorknob, with a matching beaded keyhole:



As you can see, the front door has had nails put into it by previous owners.  The locking mechanism consists of a couple of brass buttons on the side of the door that sits in the frame.  Sometimes these get pressed inadvertently, and the knob locks in place.  So far, I've managed to get it unlocked with a butterknife, since I don't have the original key to the house.  Luckily, this isn't the main entry door that gets locked when we come and go.

Lastly, I present my bedroom door knob:



I can't tell you how much I love this plate and knob.  Feel free to stare at it for a while.  Isn't it just gorgeous?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment