Friday, January 11, 2013

Fit to be Tiled... Bathroom Planning

Yesterday, I shared the decor inspiration for my bathroom remodel.  If you didn't happen to catch it, it is this print, by Mae Chevrette:

The Woods by Mae Chevrette

I originally wanted to tile the shower in clear glass subway tiles, but then changed my mind when I saw them installed as a sample.  They looked a bit too sleek and modern compared to the rest of the house; especially since I wanted to stick to a warm palette that complimented the alcove and hallway directly outside the room.  

I do love the sheen and sparkle of glass tile, though.  My personal style is casual and neutral with a dash of unexpected sparkle, so it only makes sense that I'd do the same when it comes to decorating the house.  I found this Ivory Iridescent 3/4"x3/4" glass mosaic tile as part of Home Depot's "stock" tile, and at $4.99 a square foot, it is very reasonably priced.

Home Depot's stock glass mosaic tile
To update from yesterday's chat with the contractor:  Todd, my plumber, came over to look at the bathroom to see what would need to be done to install radiant heat under the tile floor.  I don't have an estimate yet, but from his comment ("that'll be a job!"), it might be more than I've budgeted for.  I'll keep you posted.



No comments:

Post a Comment