Saturday, February 23, 2013

Poppin' Tags

Yesterday, I happened upon a tiny thrift store.  It was dark, definitely creepy, and if a horde of alien mannequins suddenly came alive and started following me, I wouldn't be surprised one bit.
The Doctor fights off a crazy mannequin limb

I did spy this midcentury beauty though:

I love the lines of this

My favorite part is the legs:
They look somewhat mismatched, but I promise, they're not

The best part?  The price tag!
18 Bucks!
I find the screws on the top somewhat charming.

For an additional $2, I tossed in this sweet little bedside lamp:
Perfect for some bedtime reading

The lamp is in a hunter green color, circa 1996.  I think that after it gets a coat of spray paint, it'll be perfect.

Not a bad haul for twenty dollars!  Macklemore, eat your heart out!

*Please note that this video contains copious profanity

I am tackling the sanding and transformation of my new night table this weekend, as part of the Young House Love Winter Pinterest Challenge.  What are you up to this weekend?  Any DIY on the horizon?

No comments:

Post a Comment